In the last days, Jesus said that there would arise many false religions. Their teachings would be so convincing that they would lead many astray. In Galatians, The apostle Paul went a step further by warning us that “if anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to that which you received, let him be accursed.”
I am listing some characteristics of how you can determine the true Gospel from false Gospel’s.
1. Jesus said that he did not come to change the Word of God.
All religions that came after Jesus claim to bring new messages from God.
2. Jesus did not forbid the eating of any specific food.
(Acts 10:9-15, Matthew 15:10)
Other religions after Christ, command to abstain from eating many kinds of food.
3. Jesus asked his followers to be “the light of the world.”
Many religions of today operate in secrecy or separate themselves from the world.
4. Jesus commanded his followers to love everyone including enemies.
Many religions after Jesus command their followers to kill in the name of their religion.
5. Prophets and apostles in the Bible were flawed and sinful, just like ordinary people. (Exodus 2: 11, 1 Samuel 11, Mark 2:15, Acts 9: 13-15)
Prophets and apostles in other religions are portrayed perfect, flawless followers, unlike ordinary people.
6. Jesus welcomed and encouraged questions from his followers.
(Mark 12:37, Mark 2:9)
Other religions will threaten, punish, shun, or hit their followers for challenging their religion.
7. Jesus was not offended by the accusations and attacks made by his critics.
(Mark 14: 65, John 10:22-39)
Religions after Jesus become irate and violent if offensive words are spoken against their faith.
These are just few but very effective means to know which faith and which religion is working in the best interest of true understanding. If any faith or religious leader shows any of the bad signs mentioned above, be very careful and leave that oppressive group. I encourage you to continue to educate yourself about Jesus Christ and Christianity. When you do that you will discover for yourself that regardless of many accusations made by the enemies of Christ that no one can find faults with him. Jesus Christ is an airtight case. May God bless your openness to learn more.