How to Prevent People from Taking Advantage of You

It is not easy being Christian.  One of the hardest challenges we will face as Christians is that we will meet many people that will try to take advantage of us due to our Christian faith.  As Christian what do we do?  Christ taught us to be meek as sheep.  How do we prevent people from taking advantage of us but still remain true to our faith?

I believe that Jesus Christ KNEW we would run into this problem.  He knew that there would be MANY that would try to take advantage of us and, had he NOT left us with a way out, we would be UTTERLY devoured by wolves.  His teaching is quite clear and it bears mentionining it.  We must never forget what he said to prevent that from happening. 

"Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves. Be ye therefore WISE as serpents and HARMLESS as doves (Matthew 10:16, KJV).

The people that know you are a Christina, will try to WEAPONIZE your faith against you!

This has happened to me several times.  My own family has tried to take advantage of me.  When I stand my ground and reject their proposals that I know are not good, they quickly resort to telling me that I am not a "good Christian".  They tell me that I am setting a bad example.  They tell me that I am a HYPOCRITE.  All those words and accusations are words of manipulation.  They will use your own Christian faith as a weapon to make you change your mind.

Don't fall for that trap!  It is a matter of self-preservation.  You have a duty to protect your well being.  And do not feel guilty about it when you say, NO.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Islam Unites Christians

Muslims and Christians DO NOT Believe in the Same God!

Christians Enjoy Their Life!